Why mid-term self-evaluation is needed?
- it helps to check the state of the project implementation &
- it estimates whether the project leads to the achievement of the planned results
- it shall be carried out in the middle of the project's implementation phase
- a mid-term self evaluation report shall be submitted to the Secretariat together with the third or fourth progress report
In order to help projects with the mid-term self-evaluation Secretariat has prepared Guidance on mid-term self-evaluation of a project. It is concise document, which explains:
- the purpose of the evaluation
- who shall carry out the evaluation
- which elements shall the evaluation include
- which method shall be used
- how the outcomes of the evaluation shall be used
The Secretariat has also developed a voluntary template for the mid-term self-evaluation report. However, it is not compulsory for the project to use this template.