Baltic context: initiatives and organisations in the Baltic Sea region
In the Baltic Sea Region there is a long tradition of co-operation between governmental organisations, regional and local authorities, NGOs, business sector etc. Many of these networks are organised in umbrella organisations on a pan-Baltic level, known as pan-Baltic organisations.
The selected pan-Baltic organisations in the region:
- CBSS - Council of Baltic Sea States, from 1992
- BSSSC - Baltic Sea States Subregional Co-operation, from 1990
- Nordic Council and Council of Ministers, from 1952
- BSPC - Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference
- BDF - Baltic Development Forum
- HELCOM - The Helsinki Commission
- VASAB 2010 - Vision & Strategies around the Baltic 2010, from 1992. VASAB Long Term Perspective for the Territorial Development of the Baltic Sea Region till 2030.
- Baltic 21 - Agenda 21 for Baltic Sea Region
- UBC - Union of the Baltic cities
- BCCA - Baltic Sea Chamber of Commerce Association
- BTC - Baltic Sea Tourism Commission
- Baltic Sea Forum
- NDPHS - The Northern Dimension Partnership in Public Health and Social Well-being